Notice on the City Volunteer recruitment interview and information session
For all of you, who have applied for City Volunteer positions at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, we will hold interview/information sessions to explain details of City Volunteer activities and the timeline of events leading to the Games, as well as ask your availability and preference regarding the activities.
We have selected a wide range of dates and times, including weekends and night hours, from February to July this year for the interviews and information sessions. Please refer to the list below and reserve the date and time that are convenient for your participation.
* Interview/information sessions for City Volunteers will be held at locations in Japan only and in Japanese language only.
From February 9 to around late July, 2019
TOKYO SPORTS SQUARE (formerly 1000days theatre)
(8-3, Marunouchi 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
- 1-minute walk from Kyobashi Exit at Yurakucho Station on JR Yamanote and Keihin Tohoku Lines
- Near Exit D9 at Yurakucho Station on Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line
- 3-minute walk from Exit 1 at Ginza 1-chome Station on Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line
* Look for a red-roofed building across the street from the Tokyo Kotsu Kaikan building.
Outline of the interview and information session
90 minutes or less required for your interview and information session
Main contents (tentative)
- Details of City Volunteer activities, a briefing on training, etc.
- An interview
- Taking your ID (name tag) photo
- Simulated experience in a volunteer team activity(group activity)
- A consultation and question time (for interested persons only)
* Child-care services available on a number of dates
Procedures to participate in the interview and information session
To participate in an interview and information session, please reserve in advance the date and time that is most convenient for you and come to the venue according to this schedule. You are required to register your password and open your own "My Page" in order to reserve the dates and times for your participation in interview/information and training sessions, details of which are due to be announced later. Please kindly follow the procedures below to prepare for you participation.
1. Registering your password
Please access the URL (password registration page), which is contained in a separate email to you, and register your password following the instructions on the linked page.
2. Browsing My Page
After registering your password, you can browse My Page by accessing the URL below and inputting your "Volunteer ID", which is mentioned in this email, and the "password" you have just registered.
3. Reserving the date and time for your participation
- You can make your reservation until three days before the desired date for your participation.
- You can reserve the date and time for your interview and information session by using the "Apply" button placed on the My Page screen.
- When the screen shows the list of dates open for reservation, you can reserve the day for your interview and information session by clicking "申請 (Apply)" button on that date and pressing OK.
- As there is a capacity for each day and reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, you are advised to make your reservation as soon as possible.
- We have initially made public only the dates available for February. We will successively announce the dates for March and later that are open for reservation according to the schedule below. You can make your reservation after the dates are announced.
For dates in March: At 0:00 a.m., February 20
For dates in April: At 0:00 a.m., March 20
For dates in May: At 0:00 a.m., April 20
For dates in June: At 0:00 a.m., May 20
For dates in July: At 0:00 a.m., June 20
4. Rescheduling your participation
- When you reschedule your participation, you are required to cancel the initial reservation and reserve anew.
- You can cancel your reservation no less than three days before the requested date by using the registration screen on My Page.
- In case you need to reschedule your participation less than three days before the requested date, please contact the office listed at the bottom of this text.
What to bring on the day
You will be requested to identify yourself at the venue on the day for your interview and information session. Please bring with you any document that verifies three items: your name, date of birth and address by taking a cue from the list of examples below.
Examples of documents we advise you to bring to identify yourself
- Driver's license
- Individual Number Card
- Basic Resident Register Card
- Residence Card
- Special Permanent Resident Certificate
- Any passbook for people with impairments
- Health Insurance Card
- Resident Register
- Pension Book
- Certificate of Registered Seal
- Other documents that verify your name, date of birth and address
About the use of child-care services
If you hope to use child-care services, please get in touch with the contact point listed at the bottom to allow us to ask you about the date of use and other details.
For group applicants
All of you, who have applied together as a group, are also requested to participate in an interview and information session in principle on an individual basis. So please make your reservation individually by following the procedures above.
In case you want to participate with other members of your group in the same interview and information session on the same date, be sure that you all book for the same session on the day.
* For more information on participation in the interview and information as a group, please refer to the contact point listed below.
About special care/support and other matters
If you need special care/support in participating in an interview and information session as well as have questions on other matters, please consult the office below.
Tokyo 2020 Games City Volunteer Recruitment Office
Telephone number: +81-50-3786-0320
Reception hours: 9:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m. (excluding weekends and holidays when interviews and information sessions are not held)
Email address: Info2020@city-volunteer.tokyo
Please read FAQ page which has frequently questions and their answers before contacting the office.